[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.100″ background_layout=”light”]
On Friday 6th July and Saturday 7th July 2018, Sandown Park Racecourse hosts its Coral Summer Festival.
The two-day festival includes Ladies’ Day on the Friday, and the richest ever £790,625 Grade 1 Coral-Eclipse Stakes at 2.10pm) on the Saturday.
Ladies Day invites women of all ages to dress their best and enter the Style Award competition.
This year’s celebrity judge for the highly coveted ‘Style Award’ title is Charlie Hedges, co-host on the award-winning Kiss FM breakfast show. Charlie also runs Charlie’s Pop Up boutique, a women’s fashion e-retailer, which has a range of styles handpicked by Charlie.
There are fantastic prizes on offer. First prize is two return flights to New York. Runner-up prizes are a year’s supply of Chi Chi London dresses and £150 voucher for FeelUnique.com.
Internationally-renowned DJ Charlie Hedges will be taking to the decks for the official After Party once racing has finished. Revellers will be able to enjoy the outside bars and dance the evening away.
Style Award partners Chi Chi London have also provided some tips for the day:
· Remember less is more, let your dress do the talking and keep accessories to a minimum
· Plan your outfit well in advance, try it on and make sure you are happy.
· If you opt for a darker coloured dress, it can make all the difference to ‘pop it’ with a pair of bright shoes and matching handbag
· Wear comfortable (but fabulous) shoes. It’s a long day with a lot of standing up, walking and dancing. A pair of ‘Gel Party’ soles can make all the difference OR a pair of foldable ballet pumps for the way home
· Dress for your shape. It would be a shame to spend the day breathing in too much, tugging down your dress, checking the zip hasn’t broken or feeling frumpy in an oversized dress. You want to both look and feel your best so take into consideration style and material
· Adhere to sartorial etiquette – follow the dress code guidelines and avoid blush-worthy moments. Remember the races is about dressing up and looking stylish NOT flashing your flesh
Watch a video containing Style Tips with Surbiton Ladies Hockey Team, including Great Britain and England players Hannah Martin and Sarah Haycroft. Earlier this year Sandown Park teamed up with Surbiton Hockey Club to sponsor them hosting the EuroHockey Club Cup. As a result of this relationship and with the help of Jessica Connolly from Jessica Rea Millinery, they provided some style tips for their outing to the races this Friday.
The video can be seen here:
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.0.100″]<iframe width=”854″ height=”480″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/yW8CTJpWXS4″ frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen></iframe>[/et_pb_code][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.100″ background_layout=”light”]
Tickets are still available and more information can be found here: http://sandown.thejockeyclub.co.uk/events-tickets/whats-on/ladies-day
The Coral-Eclipse offers the first opportunity of the season for the three-year-old Classic generation to take on older horses at G1 level. The race is part of the QIPCO British Champions Series. Read more about this year’s race here.
Karen can usually be found glued to her computer or at the stables. Having edited several national magazines she co-founded Eclipse Magazine in 2008 after realising that many of her friends were nervous about going racing due to lack of information – what to wear, how to bet etc.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse…!!)