Put your fashionable feet forward and win top prizes worth over £33,000 in Newmarket’s The Style Awards over the three-day Moët & Chandon July Festival, 13th–15th July.
The Style Awards, sponsored by The Spa at Bedford Lodge, will feature a host of exciting new fashion savvy judges, including designer to the stars, Christian Cowan.
The crowds come in tens of thousands to one of the highlights of the summer in East Anglia and the best dressed ladies, gents and couples win an array of amazing prizes in the three-day Style Awards, sponsored by The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel.
Spectacular outfits and hats are everywhere to be seen in the grandstands, on the sun-kissed lawns and around the picturesque Parade Ring. Thursday celebrates Newmarket’s annual summers Ladies Day with the ‘Best Dressed Lady’ competition, The Gentleman’s Day on the Friday hosts the ‘Best Dressed Gentleman’ competition and Saturday is Darley July Cup Day, when the ‘Best Dressed Couple’ are crowned.
Racegoers are encouraged to enter this FREE competition to walk away with some fantastic prizes!
This year’s Style Awards will have a very special guest judge on Ladies Day, designer to the stars, Christian Cowan, who will be helping to crown the Best Dressed Lady. Christian has dressed the likes of Naomi Campbell, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Charlie XCX, Zara Larson and Little Mix, to name a few. His pieces have appeared on the pages of revered fashion magazines such as VOGUE, VOGUE ITALIA, Garage Magazine, Grazia, Glamour, Company and NYLON; Christian has even partnered with Acer for a ‘Selfie-Hat’ and created looks for a Selfridges Christmas Campaign.
Also joining the official judging panel on Ladies Day and July Cup Day is Rosie Olivia, a top milliner who studied under Phillip Treacy, Victoria Grant and Stephen Jones. Rosie Olivia uses luxury materials, various colour integrations and her signature lace trim to create unique wearable statement pieces for daywear and formal occasions.
Beauty-loving racegoers will also be in for a treat as make-up artist to the stars, Bridgette Ellwood will be on course giving demonstrations on adding a winning touch to a hairdo, as well as offering behind-the-scenes professional beauty tips! Bridgette designed the make-up and hair for the glamorous Strictly Come Dancing, and works with various top celebrities so she’ll definitely have some top advice. Bridgette is also offering the Best Dressed Lady a one-to-one session worth £500, adding to the amazing prizes on offer.
So, where do I enter?
The Style Awards Marquee will be situated by the Grandstand and Paddock entrance, however, to save those fabulous shoes, there will also be Style Pods in the Premier Enclosure and the Trackside Pavilion Hospitality Enclosure, making entering easier than ever!
How do I enter?
When you come to the Marquee or one of the Style Pods, one of our Style Spotters will ask you to fill your details in via a form. Once completed, you will be asked to register and in exchange for your filled in form, you will be given a number. You then need to strike your finest pose for a chance of reaching the top 10 of the category you enter. PLEASE NOTE, the Style Awards Marquee and Style Pods are open until 3.20pm on Ladies Day and 3.30pm on Gentleman’s Day and July Cup Day, so please ensure you give yourself plenty of times as we anticipate queues for these popular competitions.
How do I know if I have reached the top 10?
Please make sure you check your phones, listen out for the Raceday Announcer and also keep an eye on the big screens around course. Finalists will be contacted at around 3.45pm each day with line-ups taking place between 4.20pm – 5.00pm each day.
What might I win?
This year Newmarket is offering their biggest package ever – with over £33,000 worth of prizes up for grabs!
Thursday celebrates Newmarket’s annual summers’ Ladies Day with the Best Dressed Lady competition where the winner could walk away with thousands of pounds worth of prizes including (but definitely not limited to):
- £400 worth of ESPA beauty products and a Summer Indulgence Spa Break for Two from headline sponsor, The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel
- 3 nights at the Jumeriah Zabeel Saray in Dubai for two from ITC Luxury Travel
- An AMG Driving Experience at Mercedes-Benz World, followed by dinner for two at the world-famous Gullwing Restaurant, courtesy of Robinsons Mercedes
- A £1,000 personal styling session with Hobbs
- A bespoke hat by Rosie Olivia Millinery worth £500
…and much, much more!
All entrants to the competition on Ladies Day will be entered into the Cambridge News & Media Style Awards Raffle and have the opportunity to win prizes. With a prize package totalling £1,000 there’s sure to be something for everyone.
Friday it’s the gents’ turn as it’s the Best Dressed Gentleman competition where a dapper chap could walk away with prizes including:
- a VIP tour of the Chantilly training centre, and/or two tickets for racing at Deauville, plus a double room for one night at a Barrière group hotel and dinner for two from Arqana
- A made-to-measure suit worth £1,000 from Trotter and Deane
- Two tickets to a Champions League fixture of the winner’s choice, in the UK or overseas, worth £900 courtesy of Flag in the Sand
- Sterling Silver Cufflinks and Sterling Silver with 18ct Rose Gold Plated slider worth over £100 from Hiho Silver
…plus SO much more!
And on Saturday it’s July Cup Day, and time for the Best Dressed Couple competition. Prizes for the couples are just as exciting and include:
- an F-TYPE Jaguar for the weekend, courtesy of Marshall Jaguar Land Rover
- a bespoke, private session at The Playground, Barrow, worth £500
- a London Fashion Week Package for two including tickets to a show, a gourmet meal and exclusive access to new collections worth £1,250 from Flag in the Sand
- a Magnum of Moët & Chandon Champagne
…just to start!
Still need a ticket?
Prices start from £15 for the Family Enclosure. Racegoers are urged to book quickly to avoid disappointment. Why not upgrade and try one of the Premium hospitality experiences? The all new Moët & Chandon Dining Experience is available on Gentleman’s Day and Darley July Cup Day for a limited number of people. For more information and to book tickets, please visit www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or speak to a member of the sales team on 0844 579 3010 or the hospitality team on 01638 675300.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse...!!)
Latest posts by Karen Sargeant (see all)
- Why Olly Murs is looking forward to performing at Newbury - July 17, 2017
- WIN Tickets to see Olly Murs perform Live at Newbury Racecourse - July 17, 2017
- GUIDE TO GLORIOUS GOODWOOD - July 16, 2017