[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.5″]
Tasty treats for Valentine’s Day: these Mini Raspberry & Chocolate Pavlovas are perfect for a racing picnic, indulgent afternoon tea, delightful after-dinner pudding or simply a yummy gift for loved ones, or even just yourself (!) this February.
Use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to cook up these vegetarian, gluten free and Fairtrade mini meringues and spread the love…
- Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour, plus cooling
- Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes, plus cooling
- Makes: 6
3 large Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg whites
Few drops lemon juice
150g Fairtrade caster sugar
75g Fairtrade 70% dark chocolate, melted
1 tbsp Fairtrade icing sugar
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
150ml extra thick double cream
200g Waitrose 1 Speciality Raspberries
Fairtrade cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, gas mark 1; line a large baking tray with parchment.
- Using electric beaters, whisk the egg whites in a bowl with a pinch of salt and a few drops of lemon juice to stiff peaks. Scatter over 3 tbsp sugar and beat until stiff and glossy, then beat in the remaining sugar 3 tbsp at a time.
- Very lightly swirl the melted chocolate through the meringue until just marbled, then spoon 6 equal heaped circles onto the baking parchment. Using the back of a spoon, make a deep well in the centre of each meringue.
- Bake for 1 hour, then turn off the oven, open the door a little and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Gently stir the icing sugar and vanilla into the cream (whisking it gently to soft peaks if necessary). Spoon onto the cooled meringues, then scatter over the raspberries. Dust with cocoa to serve.
Adding the lemon juice and salt to the egg whites helps to stabilise them before whisking.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19.5″ background_color=”#68d800″ border_style=”solid” text_text_color=”#ffffff” custom_padding=”10px|10px|10px|10px” saved_tabs=”all” text_font=”||||” text_font_size=”14″ header_font=”||||” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”1px” global_module=”37807″ max_width_tablet=”50px”]
Recipe and photograph – Waitrose: thousands more recipes can be found at
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image _builder_version=”3.19.5″ src=”https://www.eclipsemagazine.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/waitrose_131781341225656.jpg” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
Karen can usually be found glued to her computer or at the stables. Having edited several national magazines she co-founded Eclipse Magazine in 2008 after realising that many of her friends were nervous about going racing due to lack of information – what to wear, how to bet etc.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse…!!)