This year – 2015 – marks the fifth staging of QIPCO British Champions Day, the climax to the British and European flat racing season.
- The collective purse for the six races is now a staggering £4.1 million, a 37% increase in value from the inaugural meeting in 2011 and making QIPCO British Champions Day the single richest day in the British racing calendar.
- QIPCO British Champions Day is the only raceday in Great Britian to include four Group 1 races, following the upgrade to the QIPCO British Champions Sprint Stakes whose prize money has increased by 71% from £350,000 last year to £600,000 this year. The remaining pattern race on the card is the Group 2 QIPCO British Champions Long Distance Cup.
- The Balmoral Handicap sponsored by QIPCO completes the race-day programme, with Her Majesty The Queen graciously consenting to the naming of the race after her Scottish residence. The richest mile handicap in Europe, competitors become eligible to run by finishing in the first six of one of the 18 qualifying races during the 2015 flat season.
- The £1.3 million QIPCO Champion Stakes remains Europe’s richest mile and a quarter race.
- As well as celebrating our equine stars, QIPCO British Champions Day will also be the stage on which the 2015 Stobart Flat Jockey Champion is crowned, together with the Champion Apprentice and the Champion Flat Owner.