Unusual Valentines Day Ideas: Whether you’re single, loved-up, planning a proposal or celebrating your Golden Wedding Anniversary, make the most of what the Valentine’s week has to offer, with fabulous racing-themed gifts, opportunities and days out.
If you are looking for Unusual Valentines Day Ideas then A DAY AT THE RACES MAKES A GREAT VALENTINE’S DAY TREAT
Whether you’re in an established couple, on a first date or out with friends, a day at the races provides you with:
- A set itinerary – so everyone knows what to expect, and there’s always something to see and do
- All-day action – so you will never run out of things to talk about
- Something for all levels – go posh or go casual, eat in a restaurant or simply grab drinks in a bar; you can tailor your day to suit
- Something men enjoy as much as women
- A great atmosphere – it’s readymade so there’s nothing you need to do other than show up!
Unusual Valentines Day Ideas – more RACING VALENTINE’S GIFTS
Whether you’re planning something special or simply love to go racing, here are some fun Valentine’s weekend suggestions:
• On Wednesday 14th February, there is All-Weather racing in the afternoon at Lingfield, Jump racing at Musselburgh (we like the look of the Gourmet Pie & Pint package!), free entry to the jump racing at Towcester, and Twighlight racing on the All-Weather at Wolverhampton (£5 discount when booking online). All of these meetings offer hospitality packages if you are looking to impress your date!
The week around Valentine’s Day also has plenty of excitement to offer:
• Enjoy Super Sunday on 11th February at Exeter Racecourse, where you can pre-book pair of Grandstand and Paddock tickets for £15 – and don’t miss the free behind-the-scenes tour of the racecourse too! Find out more at www.http://exeter.thejockeyclub.co.uk/
• Attend Ascot Chase Raceday on Saturday 17th February, which sees the final outings for prospects heading to the Cheltenham Festival in March. The racing highlight of the day is the £150,000 Grade One Betfair Ascot Chase. Book a couple of hospitality tickets in the King Edward VII enclosure which includes an invitation to a Cheltenham Preview night – this will focus upon the four championship races at The Festival with a panel of leading trainers and jockeys. See www.ascot.co.uk for more information.
• Treat your loved one to a Valentines’s Day Raceday at the races at Ayr Racecourse on Tuesday 13th February (okay it’s a day early!). Tickets are just £15, or go for the Winter Warmer package for £24! Book online here: www.ayr-racecourse.co.uk.
• Treat yourselves to a panoramic view with the Premier package at Fontwell Park, for their Winter Afternoon Raceday on Thursday 15th February. You can splash out on a Premier Lounge Package which includes the cost of your admissions ticket, a three-course meal, water/waitress service, a reserved table, a raceday programme and a host/tipster. You can’t go wrong at £79 per person! Book through their website: www.fontwellpark.co.uk
• And if you can’t make it to the races on Valentine’s Day, why not buy tickets for the races another time – Redcar Racecourse offers Gift Vouchers (see www.redcarracing.co.uk) that can be fully personalised for your recipient and are valid for 12 months; or all courses offer tickets in advance (many offer special discounts and packages for advance bookings).
SIMPLE TRICKS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TREAT
As well as making sure you know where you are going, there are several ways you can make the most of your visit:
• Consider upgrading your tickets to include a meal or afternoon tea
• Buy your partner a racecard when you arrive so you can keep track of what’s on when throughout the day
• Provide a betting budget and invite your partner to make the selections
• Follow the ‘circuit ritual’ for at least one race so you sample every aspect of the racing experience
• Wear layers and comfortable shoes to avoid wardrobe malfunctions (and therefore early home-time).
Unusual Valentines Day Ideas FOR SERIOUSLY SPECIAL COUPLES:
If you’re planning something a Bit Special for Valentine’s Day (or indeed any romantic milestone) here’s how you could really mark the occasion:
• Sponsor a race in your loved one’s name – such as the E.b.f. Harry & Doreen Chapman Golden Wedding Anniversary Maiden Stakes and the Caroline Louise Will You Marry Me Maiden Stakes that took place at Pontefract. Prices start from £500 at www.pontefract-races.co.uk or from £400+VAT for Family & Friends Sponsorship at www.stratfordracecourse.net for example and packages include presenting winners with their prize and choosing the Best Turned Out winner.
• Propose during a Romantic Meal for Two at Goodwood’s Bar & Grill (offer runs 14th February from 7pm) to share a mouthwatering three course meal with a glass of bubbly, from £35 per person. See www.goodwood.com for more information.
• Place an advertisement in the racecard (e.g. containing your marriage proposal or announcing your wedding anniversary etc. – prices start from £125 for a full page ad at Towcester www.towcester-racecourse.co.uk)
• Make your loved one a racehorse owner: The British Racing Club offers plenty of opportunities for members to go to the races as an owner. A membership to the British Racing Club costs £150 for six months or £300 all-inclusive for one year and includes interest in a minimum of seven racehorses running frequently on the flat and over jumps as well as various ownership benefits. To buy a gift membership visit www.britishracingclub.co.uk
Whatever you decide, we hope you enjoy your day and if you didn’t manage to organise the special extras this year – there’s always next year!