Guide to Market Rasen Racecourse
Market Rasen Races News from Eclipse
Straight from the Horses' Mouth...
Market Rasen Racecourse News
- Market Rasen Round-up: Double enables Brian Hughes to extend lead in Jump Jockeys Championship and t
- MINELLA DRAMA SETS UP POSSIBLE AINTREE BID ON INFORMATIVE DAY AT MARKET RASEN
- STONER’S CHOICE “IN GREAT FORM” AHEAD OF LISTED SIDNEY BANKS MEMORIAL HURDLE AT MARKET RASEN
- MULLINS BIDS TO REPEAT LISTED BUMPER VICTORY WITH ONLY HIS SECOND CAREER RUNNER AT MARKET RASEN
- IN FORM DUO EYEING UP MORE MARKET RASEN SUCCESS
About Market Rasen Racecourse
Racing took place once a year in various places around and about Market Rasen between 1828 and 1887, building up to a second annual meeting to incorporate Jumps racing.
In 1924, the racecourse finally settled permanently at Willinghome Road after four local gentleman clubbed together to buy 50 acres of land for the site. It now stages Jump racing all year round.
The Summer Plate Meeting
Market Rasen’s most high-profile fixture is the Summer Plate meeting in July, featuring the Summer Hurdle and the Summer Plate. Both are among the most valuable National Hunt races staged during the summer. This is Lincolnshire’s only racecourse.
July – Summer Plate Handicap Chase, Summer Hurdle
The Market Rasen Racecourse Directory - Local Services
Travelling to Market Rasen? Want to know where to stay, where to eat, where to get your hair and nails done? How about where the best pubs are and the name of a reliable taxi? We can help. Check back frequently – this section is updated on a regular basis.