Sometimes, betting and gaming isn’t as fun as it should be. When outside forces interrupt the racing schedule or things don’t go your way, it’s frustrating. Of course, as a betting fan, you know that taking the rough with the smooth is important (i.e. variance and EV). However, even with that being the case, no one likes it when things go against them. Fortunately, win or lose, everything is enjoyable 99% of the time. But, for the moments you’re annoyed or in need of a break, there are ways to stay sane.
Take Advantage of Everything
The easiest way to keep having fun is switch things up. Thanks to the internet, you can flit from sports betting to casino gaming, poker, and bingo in just a few clicks. By taking advantage of the options out there, you can keep things fresh and, importantly, fun. Tied in with this is the ability to pick up added extras. All online operators, regardless of size or stature, will offer bonuses. For example, platforms listed on the new slotscalendar casino sites rundown all offer something extra.
Whether it’s a 100% deposit bonus like the one at The Sun Vegas or free spins from Deluxino, there are plenty of ways to get more for less online. Naturally, the benefit of bonuses is that you can use free credits to counter the tough times. Even though a free spins promo probably won’t turn things in your favour, it can help. Indeed, if you see bonuses as a way of getting through a downswing, they become another great way to turn your frown upside down. Finally, if all that fails, it’s important to remember that betting, at its core, is about entertainment. When you’re betting on race, you obviously want to win. However, the thrill of competition is the real payback.
Entertainment is the Name of the Game
Watching finely-tuned athletes (including the horses) do their thing is highly entertaining. That’s something to keep in mind. What’s more, it’s the reason sports betting and casino games fall into the category of entertainment. So, with that being the case, you should see what you’re doing as fun. We’re always doing that, which is why we like to retell some gambling jokes when things aren’t going so well. When we’ve switched things up and picked up some bonuses, we always turn to humour to give us a lift. So, before we close out this piece, here are some of the best gambling jokes you can use to lift your spirits…
- I bought a horse. In its first race it went out at 25 to 1. The only problem is that all the other horses left at 12:30.
- Which side of a horse has more hair? The outside!
- I’m going to an Abba themed poker night. The winner takes it all.
- I took a gamble and bought a small boat without seeing it first. It was a punt.
- Why are large maps rubbish at playing poker? They always fold.
- What did the dealer say to the deck of cards? I can’t deal with you anymore.
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
- A dog is man’s best friend, especially after you lose money on a horse.
- Got a hot Grand National Gambling tip. Creosote in the 4.15. It’s great over fences!
Jack Timms is an independent writer with 8 years experience in writing sports articles for various magazines and newspapers. Most of his work is on horse racing or football, and he has written for magazines such as Thoroughbred Racing and Luxuria Lifestyle. Jack lives in York with his dog, Poppins.