Guide to Haydock Park Racecourse
Haydock Park Racecourse is home of the Betfair Chase and the Haydock Sprint Cup. Haydock Races is the closest Racecourse to Manchester.
Haydock Park Races News from
Straight from the Horses' Mouth...
Haydock Park Racecourse News
About Haydock Park Racecourse
Flat / National Hunt
The Old Course
From 1752 racing was held at the Old Golborne Heath racecourse at Newton-le-Willows, which closed in 1899; the races then moved to the newly-created Haydock Park. One of the races that moved with it was the Old Newton Cup, which is still contested today.
When Manchester Racecourse closed in 1963, Haydock became the new host of the Lancashire Oaks.
The course is also renowned for the Befair Chase, which forms part of the National Hunt “Triple Crown”, alongside the King George VI Stakes at Kempton and the Cheltenham Gold Cup.
- January – Peter Marsh Chase
- January – Champion Hurdle Trial
- February – Grand National Trial
- May – Temple Stakes
- July – Lancashire Oaks
- July – Old Newton Cup
- August – Rose of Lancaster Stakes
- September – Haydock Sprint Cup
- November – Betfair Chase
- December – Tommy Whittle Chase
Haydock Park Racecourse, Newton-le-Willows, Lancashire WA12 0HQ.
- Road: The course is just off Junction 23 on the M6. Racegoers with reserved car park passes and coach parties should enter the course from the A49. The main car park is accessed from the A580 East.
- Rail: The closest station is Newton-le-Willows on the Manchester Piccadilly to Liverpool Lime Street line. There is a shuttle bus from Newton-le-Willows Station on some racedays – please check with the racecourse when planning your day. Warrington Bank Quay and Wigan North Western are both approximately 8 miles from the racecourse.
- Website: www.haydock-park.co.uk
- Telephone: 01942 725 963.
The Haydock Park Racecourse Directory - Local Services
Travelling to Haydock Races? Want to know where to stay, where to eat, where to get your hair and nails done? How about where the best pubs are and the name of a reliable taxi? We can help. Check back frequently – this section is updated on a regular basis.