Guide to Hamilton Park Racecourse
Hamilton Park News from Eclipse
Straight from the Horses' Mouth...
Hamilton Park Racecourse News
- Important Information – May Fixture Update
- In Memory of Sandy (A.J) Struthers OBE, Hamilton Park Patron
- Important Information – September Fixture Update
- Important Information – Ladbrokes Lanark Silver Bell Racenight ft GBX Anthems Update
- Important Information – Owners Attending Racing Behind Closed Doors
About Hamilton Park Racecourse
Originally Jump Racing Course
Racing started at Hamilton Park in 1782, originally for Jump racing, which continued until 1907, when the course closed until the present course was opened in 1926 for Flat racing.
History was made in July 1947 when hosting the first evening race meeting in the UK and again in May 1971 when the first morning meeting took place.
1,000 Year-old Prize
Hamilton Park started hosting the Lanark Silver Bell race in 2008, after nearby Lanark Racecourse was closed. Believed to be one of the oldest prizes in any sport, it is thought that the Silver Bell was first contested over 1,000 years ago, when King William the Lion made a gift of the Bell to Lanark.
- July – Listed Glasgow Stakes
- August – Lanark Silver Bell
Bothwell Road, Hamilton, nr Glasgow, Lanarkshire ML3 0DW.
- Road: Leave the M74 at Junction 5, take the Hamilton exit at the roundabout and follow signs to the racecourse.
- Rail: Hamilton West Station is a 15-minute walk from the course.
- Website: www.hamilton-park.co.uk
- Telephone: 01698 283806.
The Hamilton Park Racecourse Directory - Local Services
Travelling to Hamilton Park Races? Want to know where to stay, where to eat, where to get your hair and nails done? How about where the best pubs are and the name of a reliable taxi? We can help. Check back frequently – this section is updated on a regular basis.