[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.20.1″]
Good Friday, which this year falls on 19th April, is now firmly established as one of the top-class racedays in the British Racing calendar, with £1,451,050 in prize money on offer across three Arena Racing racecourses in 2019.
For the third year running, the splendid £1-million card on All-Weather Championships Final Day at Lingfield Park is supported by a £251,200 All-Weather programme at Newcastle Racecourse, which includes the £100,000
Listed Ladbrokes Burradon Stakes, as well as a turf card worth just shy of £200,000 at Bath Racecourse that features the £55,000 Listed Whitsbury Manor Stud/British EBF Lansdown Stakes.
All-Weather Championships Finals Day programme at Lingfield Park – Polytrack
Sun Racing All-Weather Championships Apprentice Handicap (81–100)
Betway All-Weather Marathon Championship
1m 7f 169y
Ladbrokes All-Weather Fillies’ And Mares’ Championship
Betway All-Weather Sprint Championship
Ladbrokes Three-Year-Old All-Weather Championship
Betway Easter Classic All-Weather Middle Distance Championship
Sun Racing All-Weather Mile Championships
Total £1 million
Newcastle’s Good Friday race programme – Tapeta
sunracing.co.uk Handicap (66–80)
Ladbrokes Novice Race
Ladbrokes Home Of The Odds Boost Fillies’ Conditions Race
Ladbrokes Burradon Stakes (Listed)
Betway Live Casino Handicap (86–100)
1m 4f 98y
Ladbrokes Home Of The Odds Boost Handicap (66–85)
1m 4f 98y
Play 4 To Score At Betway Handicap (71–85)
Bath’s Good Friday race programme – Turf
Betway Novice Race
Betway Conditions Race
Value Rater Racing Club Is Free Handicap (81–100)
1m 3f 137y
Whitsbury Manor Stud/British EBF Lansdown Stakes (Listed)
Dribuild Group Handicap (66–85)
1m 3f 137y
Inspire Racing Club Handicap (71–85)
About the All-Weather Championships
Season six of the All-Weather Championships began on Tuesday 23rd October 2018 and culminates with the exciting £1-million All-Weather Championships Finals Day on Good Friday, 19th April 2019, at Lingfield Park.
The six championship categories are:
- £150,000 Three-Year-Olds sponsored by Ladbrokes – 6f Final
- £150,000 Fillies & Mares sponsored by Ladbrokes – 7f Final
- £150,000 Mile sponsored by Sun Racing – 1m Final
- £150,000 Sprint sponsored by Betway – 6f Final
- £150,000 Marathon sponsored by Betway – 2m Final
- £200,000 Middle Distance sponsored Betway – 10f Final
There are two ways for horses to qualify for one of the finals on All-Weather Championships Finals Day at Lingfield Park:
* A horse can win a ‘Fast Track Qualifier’ race which will ensure a FREE and GUARANTEED place in the corresponding final on Good Friday. There are four Fast Track Qualifiers in each of the six Championship Categories hosted at racecourses in Great Britain, Ireland and France. If a filly wins any of the Fast-Track Qualifier races for either the Sprint or the Mile categories, the filly will be qualified for the final of that specific category, or for the Fillies and Mares Final.
* A horse must run a minimum of three times on the All-Weather surfaces in Great Britain, Ireland and France; or twice on the All-Weather surfaces in Great Britain, Ireland, France and once on dirt in Dubai during the qualifying period between 23rd October 2018 and the six-day entry stage for the finals (Saturday 13th April 2019) and then be rated high enough to ‘make the cut’ in a final by order of its BHA Rating.
Karen can usually be found glued to her computer or at the stables. Having edited several national magazines she co-founded Eclipse Magazine in 2008 after realising that many of her friends were nervous about going racing due to lack of information – what to wear, how to bet etc.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse…!!)