With this year’s event taking place behind closed doors, QIPCO British Champions Day has created a variety of exciting activities to be enjoyed from home whilst watching all the action from home via ITV from 1pm, and specialist racing channels RacingTV and Sky Sports Racing.
QIPCO British Champions Day, which takes place at the world-class venue of Ascot Racecourse on Saturday 17th October, is the most valuable day in the racing calendar with £2.54 million prize money on offer and is set to welcome racing royalty once more with the world’s top mile Palace Pier and the world’s best staying horse, Stradivarius amongst some of the superstars competing on the day.
In an effort to deliver some of the raceday magic to fans at home, the QIPCO British Champions Day @ Home pack, can be downloaded here for free, and includes activities such as:
- Kickstart your day by cooking up the ‘Breakfast of Champions’, a recipe designed by Ascot’s prestigious catering partner, Sodexo (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options available); and watch Champion Flat Jockey and QIPCO British Champions Series ambassador, Oisin Murphy, as he demonstrates the cooking method – with some hilarious consequences;
- Be inspired by racing’s power couple, Flat Jockeys Hollie Doyle and Tom Marquand, who have shared their favourite lunchtime recipes for you to create for a special QIPCO British Champions Day treat;
- Prepare your home for a ‘Day at the Races’ using a downloadable range of decorations to create the perfect celebratory backdrop;
- Follow the races live on ITV using the specially created digital racecard, then use the Family Sweepstake Kit to select your winners – you can even follow up the activities with a special quiz using your newfound knowledge of the day
- Enjoy your own QIPCO British Champions Day afterparty with a celebratory cocktail/mocktail, designed by Beefeater gin and Fever Tree
- Celebrate a brilliant day’s racing with a special Spotify playlist, featuring a range of artists and DJs who have previously performed at the raceday
Gregg Taylor, Head of Marketing for QIPCO British Champions Series, said: “With fans having to watch QIPCO British Champions Day from home this year, we wanted to create the ultimate raceday pack for them to enjoy whilst watching all the coverage live from home. We are so disappointed not to be able to welcome fans to the raceday, but our range of fun activities and entertainment will help to inject some of that incredibly unique raceday atmosphere into the at-home viewing experience.”
This year’s QIPCO British Champions Day will take place behind closed doors as a result of the global pandemic.
This year marks the 10th year of both QIPCO British Champions Day and QIPCO British Champions Series. The Series showcases 35 of the UK’s finest Flat races which are run at all of the UK’s most iconic Flat festivals, from the Derby and St Leger, to Glorious Goodwood and Royal Ascot, presenting unparalleled, quality racing across 10 of the country’s finest racecourses. It showcases world-class sporting action across five different categories – Sprint, Mile, Middle Distance, Long Distance and Fillies & Mares.
The Series culminates in QIPCO British Champions Day at Ascot racecourse on Saturday 17th October, the most valuable raceday in the UK with £2.5 million in prize money on offer. The day also boasts an unprecedented UK card comprising four Group 1 contests; a Group 2 and competitive mile handicap.
1.20pm – The QIPCO British Champions Long Distance Cup (Group 2)
1.55pm – The QIPCO British Champions Sprint Stakes (Group 1)
2.30pm – The QIPCO British Champions Fillies & Mares Stakes (Group 1)
3.05pm – The Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Sponsored by QIPCO (Group 1)
3.40pm – The QIPCO Champion Stakes (Group 1)
4.15pm – The Balmoral Handicap (Sponsored by QIPCO)
For more information go to britishchampionsday.co.uk