So… we are now in lockdown, and looking for ways to brighten the days… our Best Dressed Racegoer Competition
Did you have a raceday outfit prepared for the Grand National? Or maybe for the Chester May Festival? The Newmarket Guineas Festival? Even planned ahead already to the Epsom Derby and Royal Ascot?
Obviously some of these are already cancelled, and sadly others look likely to be. Fingers crossed that later in the year racing can resume but while we wait for that hopeful news, we are putting out a call to all you racegoers and racing fans out there: let’s remember the happy times and celebrate the racing festivals that have been, and the ones that are still to come. Let’s be grateful for all the hard work that racecourses have put in to making a fabulous racing calendar, and which may now all be feeling like a wasted effort.
Please show them their efforts were not wasted and that you would have loved to have come racing this spring. SHOW THEM YOUR OUTFITS in our Best Dressed Racegoer Competition!!!!
HOW TO ENTER
When you have a spare moment, and are feeling like having some fun, please get dressed in your best racing outfit and take a selfie. Then upload the selfie as detailed below, and state which racing festival you would have worn it to. We will publish the pictures on dedicated pages in our website and on the day of each of the major festivals we will pick a winner from those entries. This will be a rolling competition until racing is able to resume.
- Anyone aged 18 and over can enter.
- Photos must be taken by the entrant or their family, and must have permission of the photographer for us to publish on Eclipsemagazine.co.uk and our related social media channels.
- You may enter as many outfits and competitions as you like.
- You may also enter your outfit photos from previous racedays so long as you have permission from the photographer as above.
Usually our competitions are based on prizes donated by a wide range of independent businesses and designers of items of interest to racegoers. During this tough time we didn’t want to add to their budget pressures by asking them to contribute. Instead, we can only offer what we can offer – as an independent online business we don’t have a big budget ourselves, but we do have access to design talent… so for each Best Dressed winner we will create an Eclipse Magazine Cover with the winner as the cover star. We will then send you the print-ready pdf so you can print it out at home or send it to your friends as you like.
ENTRY FORM BELOW
Please see Competition Terms & Conditions. Please note that as the prize will be emailed, entries are welcome from anywhere in the world for these competitions.
Closing dates for the competitions are at midnight on each of the Festival days as follows:
- Grand National: would have been Saturday 4th April 2020 but as this competition has just launched we will say Saturday 18th April 2020. NOW CLOSED – click here for results.
- Newmarket Guineas Festival: Saturday 2nd May 2020, 5pm (UK). NOW CLOSED – click here for results.
- Chester May Festival: Wednesday 6th May 2020, 5pm (UK).
Other festivals will be added to this depending on how everyone gets on.