Unusual Valentines Day Ideas: Whether you’re single, loved-up, planning a proposal or celebrating your Golden Wedding Anniversary, make the most of what the Valentine’s week has to offer, with fabulous racing-themed gifts, opportunities and days out.
If you are looking for Unusual Valentines Day Ideas then A DAY AT THE RACES MAKES A GREAT VALENTINE’S DAY TREAT
Whether you’re in an established couple, on a first date or out with friends, a day at the races provides you with:
A set itinerary – so everyone knows what to expect, and there’s always something to see and do
All-day action – so you will never run out of things to talk about
Something for all levels – go posh or go casual, eat in a restaurant or simply grab drinks in a bar; you can tailor your day to suit
Something men enjoy as much as women
A great atmosphere – it’s readymade so there’s nothing you need to do other than show up!
Unusual Valentines Day Ideas – more RACING VALENTINE’S GIFTS
Whether you’re planning something special or simply love to go racing, here are some fun Valentine’s weekend suggestions:
• Attend Ascot Chase Raceday on Saturday 18th February. They have live music from the female string ensemble Egeria Strings, as well as a mix of classical, jazz, pop and rock. You can also dine at Ascot’s brand new restaurant which opens on 18th February! Their current package includes:
• King Edward VII admission ticket
• A welcome drink
• A set three-course lunch
• A racecard
• A car park label
• Complimentary bar
The package is £159 per person +VAT. See www.ascot.co.uk for more information on how to book.
• Treat your loved one to a day at the races at Ayr Racecourse on Tuesday 14th February. Gates open at 12:20pm and tickets are just £15! Book online here: www.ayr-racecourse.co.uk.
• Treat yourselves to a Premier package at Fontwell Park for their Winter Afternoon Raceday. You can splash out on a Premier Lounge Package which includes the cost of your admissions ticket, a gourmet buffet, water/waitress service, a reserved table and a raceday programme. The Premier Restaurant is located on the first floor of the Winner Premier Grandstand with access to a superb trackside viewing balcony with panoramic views of the racecourse. You can’t go wrong at £79 per person! Book through their website: www.fontwellpark.co.uk
• And if you can’t make it to the races on Valentine’s Day, why not buy tickets for the races another time – Redcar Racecourse offers Gift Vouchers (see www.redcarracing.co.uk) that can be fully personalised for your recipient and are valid for 12 months; or all courses offer tickets in advance (many offer special discounts and packages for advance bookings).
SIMPLE TRICKS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TREAT
As well as making sure you know where you are going, there are several ways you can make the most of your visit:
• Consider upgrading your tickets to include a meal or afternoon tea
• Buy your partner a racecard when you arrive so you can keep track of what’s on when throughout the day
• Provide a betting budget and invite your partner to make the selections
• Follow the ‘circuit ritual’ for at least one race so you sample every aspect of the racing experience
• Wear layers and comfortable shoes to avoid wardrobe malfunctions (and therefore early home-time). See some of our comfy shoes options by Cocorose London below!
Unusual Valentines Day Ideas FOR SERIOUSLY SPECIAL COUPLES:
If you’re planning something a Bit Special for Valentine’s Day (or indeed any romantic milestone) here’s how you could really mark the occasion:
• Sponsor a race in your loved one’s name – such as the E.b.f. Harry & Doreen Chapman Golden Wedding Anniversary Maiden Stakes and the Caroline Louise Will You Marry Me Maiden Stakes that took place at Pontefract. Prices start from £500 at www.pontefract-races.co.uk or £300 at www.stratfordracecourse.netfor example and packages include presenting winners with their prize and choosing the Best Turned Out winner.
• Propose during a Romantic Meal for Two at Goodwood Racecourse’s restaurant (offer runs 14th February from 7pm) to share an extra special, romantic dinner at The Kennels at £95 per person. Begin your romantic evening with delicate canapés followed by a superb three-course meal with wine pairings and petit fours to finish. See www.goodwood.com for more information.
• Place an advertisement in the racecard (e.g. containing your marriage proposal or anno
uncing your wedding anniversary etc. – prices start from £125 for a full page ad at Towcester www.towcester-racecourse.co.uk)
• Book a hospitality suite at the racecourse for a surprise raceday wedding! Why not book the aptly named Valentine Suite at Aintree Racecourse to make your day special.
• Make your loved one a racehorse owner: The British Racing Club offers plenty of opportunities for members to go to the races as an owner. A membership to the British Racing Club costs £25/month or £300 all-inclusive for one year and includes interest in a minimum of seven racehorses running frequently on the flat and over jumps as well as various ownership benefits. To buy a gift membership visit www.britishracingclub.co.uk
If you prefer to enjoy Valentine’s on your own or with a bunch of friends, there’s still plenty of fun to be had! Unusual Valentines Day Ideas for yourself could be –
• Buy some MAC makeup with 10% off your first online order! Use the voucher code WELCOME10. Then why not watch some makeup tutorials online and see how you can look your best for the next races event!
• Treat yourself to 25% off Freya Rose’s ready-to-wear shoes. Use promo code VALENTINES2017 at checkout. The offer ends at midnight on the 14th February, so be quick!
• Are you worried your heels will pinch your feet and ruin your day? Perhaps you want something a bit comfier? Cocorose London‘s V-Day Edit have beautiful footwear for women that fold into your handbag. High heels hurting? Well it’s a good thing you came prepared with a pair of flats! View all of their shoes here.
Whatever you decide, we hope you enjoy your day and if you didn’t manage to organise the special extras this year – there’s always next year!