Karen Grace takes a look at the hot new arrivals in the Men’s Grooming department this spring/summer.
STOER Skincare For Men
There’s a new skincare for men in town. This luxury skincare started its journey from the rocky shoreline of the Scottish Highlands where weather conditions change in an instant from a bright breezy day to dark tempestuous storms, thus playing havoc with the condition of your skin.
However STOER is not just for the wild Scottish Highlands but also can help protect your skin from stressful city living caused by pollution, plus irritation caused by shaving.
The superhero ingredients of STOER, called Clima 5, have been globally sourced from four continents with four very different climates:
Peat Moss – helps keep skin hydrated, plump and even in tone. Inspired by STOER’s wild and windy Scottish homeland.
Barberry Fig – helps sooth, firm, hydrate and combat stressed skin. From cacti found in the arid Mexican desert.
Wake – helps support collagen production and guard against the skin-ravaging effects of pollution. Extracted from Japanese seaweed.
Alpine Stem Cells – helps improve skin’s overall elasticity and encourages dermal renewal. Extracted from plants that grow on inhospitable mountainsides.
Baobab Leaf Extract – helps minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. From West Africa.
Foaming face wash £24
Detox face scrub £27
Firm & Protect face serum £40
Energising eye serum £32
Vitamin power mask £35
Available in Harvey Nichols, London and also online:
Atelier Bloem Eau de Parfum
A bespoke collection of six unisex fragrances inspired by Amsterdam’s famous Blocemenmarkt, which is also the world’s only floating flower market.
The collection encapsulates Andrew Goetz’s, the founder of Atelier Bloem, passion for gardening and flowers with his two favourite places in the world – Amsterdam and the Hudson Valley near New York.
All of the six fragrances can be worn by men and women:
William – a complex and refreshing scent distilled with bitter orange including wood, fruit, blossoms and leaves. Cheekily named after the Dutch Prince William of Orange.
- Top notes: Beroli Petals, Nectarine and Lavender
- Heart: Orange Flower, Freesia, Sambac Jasmine and Blond Wood.
- Dry down: Amber, Vanilla, Musk and Sandalwood.
1614 – Named after the year when Goetz’ hamlet in the Hudson Valley was originally discovered and inspired by the surrounding clover fields.
- Top notes: Black Pepper, Bergamot and Neroli from Tunisia
- Heart: Sambac Jasmine, Sweet Clover, Rose Water and Orange Blossom.
- Dry down: Teakwood, Sandalwood and Musk
Half Moon – named after Henry Hudson’s ship Halve Maen, which he sailed in search of a quicker route to China but instead found the Hudson River.
- Top notes: Bergamot and Peach
- Heart: White Jasmine, Honeysuckle Blossom and Fresh Greens
- Dry down: Amber, Musks and Amberwood
Iris – inspired by Vincent Van Gogh’s ‘The Irises’ painting, plus their intense colouring and the headiness of their fragrances.
- Top notes: Cardamom, Rain Forest Orchid and Violet Flower
- Heart: Iris Petals, Star Jasmine, Pimento Blossom and Rose from Grasse.
- Base note: Iris Wood, Vetiver, Tonka Bean and Musk
Black Tulip – a flower synonymous with the Netherlands, but the Black Tulip is the most mysterious and exclusive.
- Top notes: Ivy, Freesia and Bergamot.
- Heart: atlas Tulip, Violet and Water Jasmine.
- Base notes: Vetiver, Amber, Skin Musk and Blonde Woods.
Nieuw Amsterdam – the original name of New York. As the rose is the official flower of New York, this fragrance has a unique rose fragrance.
- Top notes: Magnolia, Ginger, Geranium Rose from South Africa and Lotus.
- Heart: Centifolia Rose, Honeysuckle and Cotton Peony.
- Base notes: Oudh, Atlas Cedarwood, Amber and Skin Musk
Available exclusively in Liberty’s for £160 (100ml – eau de parfum)
You can read more of Karen's fashion advice at: www.frumpytofunky.com
For personal shopping and styling services you can reach her via frumpy to funky on contact@frumpytofunky
Latest posts by Karen Grace (see all)
- Royal Ascot Fashion 2017 - May 22, 2017
- Derby Festival Fashion 2017 – are you a Vintage or Contemporary fashionista? - May 12, 2017
- Beauty News for Spring 2017 - May 5, 2017