Guide to the Epsom Derby Festival.
Epsom Racecourse hosts the Investec Derby Festival on the first weekend of June each year, with the most famous Classic of all: the ‘Greatest Flat race in the world’, the Group One Investec Derby.
Staged over two days, the Investec Derby Festival also features the Investec Oaks and the Investec Coronation Cup, both also run over the Derby course of one mile and four furlongs for fillies and older horses respectively.
The Investec Derby and Investec Oaks, two of the five British Classics, are for three-year-olds, with the former open to colts and fillies and the latter to fillies.
“The Investec Derby represents the inimitable pinnacle of the British turf season. The undulating course, uphill climb and left-hand sweep around Tattenham Corner combine to make this the ultimate test of these stars – not to mention the pressure-cooker atmosphere of being roared on by the crowds filling the stands and swamping the infield,” says Rupert Trevelyan, Regional Director, London, of Jockey Club Racecourses.
- Epsom Derby – History of the Races, Jockey and Trainer facts, Anecdotes and much more.
- Derby 2017 – The news in the build-up to this year’s festival.
- Derby Fashion – What to wear, what other people wear, interviews with designers and more.
- The Queen & The Derby – Her Majesty’s association with the famous race, her fashion at the festival and more.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse...!!)
Latest posts by Karen Sargeant (see all)
- Why Olly Murs is looking forward to performing at Newbury - July 17, 2017
- WIN Tickets to see Olly Murs perform Live at Newbury Racecourse - July 17, 2017
- GUIDE TO GLORIOUS GOODWOOD - July 16, 2017