This month the ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning‘, a major fundraiser for Macmillan Cancer Support, takes place on 29th September.
Whether you are hosting your own Coffee Morning or visiting someone else’s, these quick cupcakes with their delicious and unusual flavour are sure to be welcome. They are also perfect for a racing picnic!
Preparation time: 10 minutes + cooling
Cooking time: 12–15 minutes
125g Stork, at room temperature
225g golden caster sugar
Finely grated zest 1 lemon
4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
225g self-raising flour
160ml essential Waitrose Coconut Cream, stirred until smooth
100g soft cheese
2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
2 tbsp lemon curd
1 tsp Cooks’ Ingredients Rose Petal
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the Stork, sugar, lemon zest, eggs, flour and 100ml of the coconut cream in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes until golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining coconut cream, soft cheese and icing sugar.
- Without removing or cutting through the paper cases, cut each cake vertically through the middle then spoon in the soft cheese mixture followed by the lemon curd. Sprinkle over the rose petals and dust each cupcake with a pinch of icing sugar.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse...!!)
Latest posts by Karen Sargeant (see all)
- WIN A Limited Edition Silk Scarf from Omar Mansoor - September 18, 2017
- Haydock’s Sprint Cup given Earlier Slot on Saturday - September 7, 2017
- Harry Angel looking handy for Sprint Cup at Haydock - September 5, 2017