Fashion Colour Report: Dive into blues for your accessories and outfits this summer…
Twice a year PANTONE compiles a Fashion Colour Report based on its evaluation of colours used in the fashion collections at New York Fashion Week and other global shows by fashion designers. The report reveals the trend colours for the seasons – in this case, Spring/Summer.
PANTONE’s blues for this season’s trends are: Niagara, a greyish denim blue; Lapis Blue, a strong colour; and Island Paradise, an aqua blue.
1. Contemporary, classic, funky and arty all rolled into one. First of all, consider the Blue Floral Clutch Bag, with its hand-painted leather, £99 from Harvey Smith Leather (Etsy).
2. Designed with Wallis Simpson in mind. These Edwardian Art Deco style cluster earrings with sky blue topaz gemstones and white gold vermeil, will add a lovely sparkly touch to your outfit. Price £152.25 from Truly Venusian (Etsy).
3. These Electric Blue Striped Kitten Slingbacks, £145 from Mandarina Shoes, offer style for those with a fear of heights! The summery slingback and kitten heel balance out the enclosed pointy toe. The multi-coloured stripes mean they will match a range of different blues in your outfit(s).
4. With its mixed colours and textures this Fabric Print & Wood Bead necklace £35 from East will complement a range of outfits to dress up or dress down throughout the summer.
5. Alexis Carballosa‘s AW17 collection features this lapis blue number. Alongside formal tailoring, it’s given a contemporary twist with its plunging neckline.
6. The Fossil ES4026 Ladies’ Strap Watch is water resistant, with signature D-ring hardware. Price £105 from House of Fraser.
7. ‘Ratio’ from Laura Aspit Livens’ SS17 ‘Semi-Construct’ collection is a modern take on the classic boater style hat, with navy blue and white stripes creating a smart and eye-catching finish to your outfit.
8. This lighter blue dress from the Barrus SS17 collection presented at London Fashion Week offers a summery vision of lace and flowers with a beautifully scooped neckline.
She absolutely loves her job (how many people can say that?!) and is truly grateful to all supporters of and contributors to Eclipse Magazine.
If you are reading this she would like to say THANK YOU! (And please spread the word about Eclipse...!!)